All to often homeowners are told by estate agents that if they use their conveyancing service the process will be much easier and quicker. This however is hardly ever the case, and in most cases is considerably more expensive.
You do not need to use a local conveyancing solicitor, as there are solicitors in London that service clients right across the United Kingdom with no problems.
Using the convenience of the internet and many processes involved in conveyancing are now performed over email and via post, there is no need to visit a conveyancer’s office.
Choosing the right Conveyancing Solicitor
Although we are recommending that you don’t need to choose a local solicitor, we are not saying use the first solicitor you find. Below are some of the questions you might want to ask your prospective conveyancing solicitor.
- How long have they been providing conveyancing?
- Are their fees fixed?
- Can they provide an online quote?
- Do they offer 24/7 support or only during office hours?
- If you end up not moving, do the solicitors still take a fee?
- Do they offer other services such as remortgages
- Do they offer Home Buyers Protection on every purchase covering you for up to £2250 in fees spent if your buyer pulls out through no fault of your own?
If they can answer all the above questions to your satisfaction, they could be worth using. However why not get an online quote from us and see how much you could be saving.