Property Valuation Reports.
These reports provide our first level of reassurance and are not dissimilar to those used by mortgagors to assess the ‘value for money’ of your new home.
Our ‘PVR’s’ determine:
- Internal / external condition of the property accounting for any unique aspects.
- Local market trends
- Recent sales of comparable properties in the area of your choice
- Local amenities – shops, schools, travel infrastructure etc.
It is important to note that a Valuation is not a survey because it does not include:
- Inspection of voids (beneath the floor or in the roof).
- The moving of obstructions such as floor coverings.
- Examination or testing of gas, electrics, heating and drains.
- Any aspects that a conveyancer / legal adviser is responsible for.
If this is suitable for you, be reassured by our Property Valuation Report.
Home Buyer Reports
These are the next level of reassurance, and are suitable for new builds or conventional properties less than fifty years old. For non-standard properties, a full survey may be preferable. Even for new builds, an HBR may be useful for you to ensure that all ‘snagging’ has been completed by the developer prior to completion.
For conventional properties, an HBR is a survey which looks at the following issues:
- Problems that may affect value.
- What repairs may be needed and on-going maintenance concerns that need to be recognised.
- Issues that may become important in the future – things that may be serious, damaging, dangerous or pose possible health risks.
- Locality and energy efficiency.
For further reassurance, please request a Home Buyers Report
Building Survey Reports.
BSR’s are useful for older and/or unconventional properties. This survey addresses wider issues and structural integrity for the future by considering such issues as:
- Visible defects and hidden/disguised flaws.
- Repair options (and what happens if you don’t do them).
- Risks, dangers and advice for your legal advisors.
- Void spaces in roofs or floors.
- Services to the property.
To choose a ‘belt and braces’ approach for total reassurance, please request a Building Survey Report.
If you need any type of home or building survey in Bristol or the surrounding areas, get a free quote today.
Which to Choose?
These are important and complicated issues and you may want to discuss your concerns. Please feel free to Contact Us for further advice and reassurance.
How does conveyancing work read more?
Great service from start to finish. The fixed fee enabled me to budget properly and not be hit with any surprise additional cost along the way.
We have just completed on our house sale and purchase, and despite buyers from hell, the conveyancing service was first rate and we would highly recommend this service.